Monday, August 9, 2010

Life..

Well I have promised to blog for about a month or so.. but it seems like each day gets busier than the last. So here goes nothing..

This has officially been one of the best summers I have had in my short 25 years around this place.. I have settled down with work, done a bit of travelling, and I have played some of the best golf of my life. As many of you know, I play a lot of amateur golf tournaments around the state of Minnesota, as well as the US.. I can't remember the last weekend that I didnt have some sort of tournament going on (might be why I am single... )

Obviously I love the game of golf, along with the competition,..but thats not what it is all about. Take this past weekend for example.. I played in an event on Saturday called the Erickson Open at the Farmers Golf and Health Club. It is a tournament set up by and for the Erickson Family to play golf with their friends in order to raise money for the local golf club (and to party their socks off). Noone cares who wins or loses.. But it is tournaments like that, where I have met some of my best friends and had some of my best weekends. If you are interested, let me know.. I will get you in touch with right people.

As far as some of my other adventures this summer, I got the opportunity to play in the US Amateur Public Links Championship in Greensboro, NC last month.. It was the first time I had played in that tournament since 2003, so it was fun to get back to one of the best amatuer tournaments in the country. The winner of the tournament gets the opportunity to play in The Masters next April... However, the way that I played while down there, I will be watching The Masters from my couch!. Nonetheless, it is fun to tee it up with an opportunity like that...

I have a few more tournaments coming up the next few weeks around the area, and one that has been recently added to my calendar in September.. I will be defending my titles at The Oakdale Invitational (Buffalo Lake, MN) this weekend as well as The Harvest Fest (Sanborn, MN) in 2 weeks.

I was planning on ending the summer golf circuit in 2 weeks until this afternoon when I received an invitation to play in the USGA Team Championship. 3 Individuals are chosen to represent Team Minnesota in a week long competition in Santa Rosa, CA. It will be the perfect way to end one of my most memorable golf summers in recent memory!

A few weekends ago I was in a wedding for two of my best friends, Brad and Hope Hempstead.. It was a great weekend spent with great friends... The monday morning after? not great...

Other than that, work is still going great. Believe it or not, I can officially sit in the coffee talks about "the crops" and hold up my end of the conversation. Scary, I know.. But I love it. I deal with great people and every day is an adventure...

As much fun as I had in the Twin Cities, I can honestly say that life is better down here. I enjoy going to work everyday, being close to family, and being able to enjoy life a bit more. You can't ask for much more than that... Ask me this winter when its 40 degrees below zero and I am stuck in New Ulm,It might be a different story. But time will tell.

With that said, its almost time for the best season of the year... SKOL VIKINGS! I will let that topic rest until the dust settles..

Until next time,

JCL IV

"Opportunity only knocks once"


No comments:

Post a Comment