Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Vikings, Vows, and Veterans...


Well it has been a while since I have updated the 'ol blog so I figured now was as good of a time as any...

First off, I would like to say Happy Veterans Day. Thank you to all the veterans, past and present, who have dedicated themselves to our freedom. It is important to remember that we live in the Land of the Free because of the Brave.

The past couple of months have been crazy. I have gained a brother, lost a tan, and met some great people.

In September, my sister Jeanne got married to Kevin Krigbaum in Bemidji (home of the Beavers).. It was great to get all of our family and friends back together for a weekend we will never forget. My Dad and I hosted a party at our lake house on Thursday night and had an absolutely gorgeous night on the lake (see the picture below). On Friday night, we had a perfect evening on the lake for the Grooms Dinner, and the weather on Saturday for the wedding was even better. It was amazing how the we got a taste of some good weather FINALLY in September. Like I have been saying, Fall is the new Summer....
















On a different note, how 'bout them Vikings?!?!?!? As hard as the 1998 season has been to get over, I think that Brett Favre has helped the healing process. As a season ticket holder for the games, I can honestly say that the Metrodome has been electric this season... It is great to see grown men crying in the streets of Green Bay, and to watch all of the Viking fan pesimists to finally start putting a foot in their mouth.

So what is new with me? I am still living the dream in Minneapolis. I recently started the P90x workout program in order to take my mind off of the winter months... Today is day 11 of the 90 day program. Each morning that I wake up, it feels like someone beat me with a stick in my sleep, but I am hoping that the soreness starts to fade away as the workout goes on.... and don't worry, I am not putting up before and after pictures. Since the 90 days will be up in Febuary, I have set aside a few travel days. The destination has been narrowed down to France, Mexico, or San Fran.. I will update you when I get things planned..

Other than that, I have been doing some travelling to see some old friends on the weekends and have met some new friends along the way..

I found a quote a while back that makes a lot of sense to me everytime that I run into buddies I haven't seen in a while:


"The truth is, you have your oldest friends in life, and then you have everyone else. Nothing will trump your oldest friends. Any amount of time can pass without your feeling as if you've grown apart because, really, you can't. It's like a plant. You just have to water it every so often and you're good"


With that being said, I am looking forward to the holidays..As always, the Larson/Fox/Loomis holidays get interesting.. If you think we get crazy during weddings and public festivities, you should see us when we are behind closed doors! All joking aside, it is great to get everyone together for a few days at a time...

In closing, I hope that this finds everyone happy and healthy... Get outside and enjoy the weather while it lasts. I am hoping to even get out and play a few rounds of golf over the holidays, probably a bit optomistic but we will see. Like always, if any of you are in my area, look me up. I am never too busy for friends, old or new...

Until next time,

JCL IV


"I never think of the future - it comes soon enough."

1 comment: