Monday, December 14, 2009

Happy Holidays


Well its hard to believe that its this time of year again... It seems like only yesterday that everyone was getting ready for summer! But as great as summer is, I think that Christmas is my favorite time of year. With our family spread out through the country, and with everyone on such wild schedules, it seems that Christmas and weddings are the only time that we all get together. Luckily for my family, we have had a lot of weddings in the past couple of years to keep us in touch.. unlucky for my family, I am not going to be adding to the repertoire of family weddings in the near future!!!

Speaking of weddings, my cousin Carlee has officially gotten engaged to longtime boyfriend Patrick, so congratulations to both of them! It looks like a destination wedding is in the plans.. Look out "dirty south", here we come........


Last week, I officially put the golf clubs in the closet. Its always a sad day to turn the lights out in the golf closet.. But its hard to complain when we were able to play golf for 8 months in MN this year.. Before you start feeling sorry for me, you should know that I will be travelling to play golf every month this winter somewhere warm (its nice to have friends in Arizona/Florida/California).

As far as travelling, I am still planning on going somewhere warm in Febuary, with or without you. I have no set plans and I am open for recommendations. If you would like to go with me let me know! I am thinking of going to Mexico for the time being. I am taking 2 outfits and 3 pairs of swim trunks because I plan on vegging out on the beach for 4-5 days. I will be finishing up my p90x training the 2nd week in February, so I am treating myself to a few days of being a bum.


Believe it or not, I am still trucking along with the p90x program, or in my case, the p102x program. With the 90 day (12 week) program you are supposed to workout 6 days a week, including Saturdays. Since it has to be illegal to workout on a day starting with "S", I have changed it to a 5 day a week program, extending it to 102 days. Don't hate!

There is only one thing that might put a cramp in my Febuary travel schedule, and that would be a trip to Miami for SUPERBOWL XLIV. Being the Vikings fanatic that I am, if you dont think that I would buy a last minute plane ticket to miami---you are wrong.. but time will tell! I am secretly hoping for a matchup against the Packers in the playoffs. How sweet it would be to put the 2009 Hat Trick on them.... SKOL VIKINGS...!!!

As far as me, I have been busy "working for the weekends".. This winter I will be doing a lot of ice fishing and travelling. This past weekend I got my first ice fishing fix of the year. Some people just dont understand how much fun that can be, but you can't knock it until you've tried it.

With that being said, I hope that this finds everyone excited for another great holiday season. Its important to remember how much we have to be thankful for this time of year. Don't forget that "The little things in life, to some people are the big things".... If you see a bell-ringer for the Salvation Army, drop a few cents in the red bucket.. Or at the very least give the bell ringer a courtesy "happy holidays"...

I look forward to seeing everyone over the next few weeks. If ANY of you are in the Minneapolis area looking for something to do, or if you get stranded and need a place to stay, I always have two very important things---An open door and liquor.


Happy Holidays!

Until next time,

JCL IV


"Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, you won't find it under a tree."





No comments:

Post a Comment